The races of Chimera are often substantially more powerful than those in your standard game. Especially the unusual races, which have a strong tie to the naturally magical world. In addition to all the effects of Magical World, make the following changes:Wings
- Any creature with insect-like or bat-like wings gain a +5 bonus to Fly checks made t perform a maneuver, but must take Fly checks to glide, and take a -5 penalty on such checks (gliding is only useful if you wish to be stealthy). This represents such creature’s increased mobility compared to creatures with bird-like wings, but also their lack of ability to glide effectively.
- All fey gain the Ex (and only Ex) abilities of a Druid, using their total HD as effective druid level. Additionally, all fey have Ageless Body automatically at first HD. This means that all fey can choose between an Animal Companion or a short list of Cleric Domains at level 1. As per a druid, these abilities can be lost should the fey ever cease to revere and respect nature (though this is difficult for a fey to actually do!). Additionally, Nature Sense makes both Survival and Knowledge (Nature) class skills for all fey (as it really always should have been!). Although the powers granted are divine, each fey may decide at level one if their powers are charisma or wisdom based, and once chosen this may not be changed. If a fey actually has Druid levels, the abilities are increased in power as follows once they gain the ability from both their druid and fey “sides” (note: their fey effective druid level is guaranteed to be at least equal to their druid level, and it may be higher).
- Nature Bond: The character may choose a different choice for their druid levels as for their fey levels, and gain all the bonuses of both, or may choose the same bonus. This does allow a character to have two animal companions (and it is the only way to do so), or to gain two cleric domains and two domain spell slots, although they may not choose the same domain twice, nor may they choose the SAME animal companion twice in an effort to make it level twice as fast (having two eagles, for example, would be OK, but trying to combine the levels to affect one eagle is disallowed).
- Nature Sense: The modifiers stack with itself, granting them a +4 bonus.
- Wild Empathy: Add both their druid levels and total HD to their wild empathy rolls. For a single-class fey druid with no racial HD, they effectively add twice their druid level to wild empathy rolls.
- Woodland Stride: This ability allows you to ignore even magical undergrowth without harm.
- Trackless Step: This ability works in all environments.
- Resist Nature’s Lure: Stacks with itself, for a total +8 bonus.
- Venom Immunity: Also grants immunity to disease.
- CR dropped to +3, +4 with Irresistable Dance. Although they are awesome, compared to a Half-Celestial, they are not that awesome, and ECL simply does not make their Greater Invisibility power fair anyway (I mean, a tarrasque, for example, would never be able to hurt a pixie, but should it have a like +14 ECL? No!).
- Adding Draconic, Goblin, Gnoll, Orc, and the Elemental Languages as bonus language options. Given that they come with a +6 racial INT mod, only having 3 bonus language options makes no sense at all.
- All Half-Celestials automatically have the Celestial Bloodline, as if they were a sorcerer. They use their total HD as their effective sorcerer level. All spells gained in this way count as Sorcerer Bonus spells (see Magical World). If the character actually IS a sorcerer, they must choose a different bloodline instead of Celestial for their real Sorcerer levels, but they gain abilities from both bloodlines. Additionally, the 9th level ability to sprout wings is entirely replaced by the 9th level power from the Arcane Bloodline, granting them additional spells. Any Bloodline Spells come with one spell slot of the appropriate level. This spell slot is added to the spells the character can already cast, allowing them to cast spells of a higher level (and therefore potentially allowing them to apply metamagic to lower level bonus spells if they wish). These bonus spells gain extra slots for high charisma as usual, if the creature cannot already cast spells of that level. All bonuses of the Celestial Bloodline stack with their usual Half-Celestial bonuses.
- Gain Celestial as a racial language.
- All Half-Fiends automatically have the Infernal Bloodline, in the same manner that a Half-Celestial has the Celestial Bloodline. Again, the level 15 power to sprout wings is replaced by New Arcana (applying at 15, 19)
- Gain Infernal as a racial language.
- To make them more similar to Half-Celestials, they gain the ability to use Darkness at will, Protection from Good 3/day, and Bane 1/day instead of the current level 1 abilities.
- LA dropped to 1. They are not that awesome.
- Gain favored enemies and terrain as if their total HD are ranger levels. They get no other benefit of being a ranger.